In our last blog we mentioned our work with companies and researchers developing new technologies, including entertainment technology such as HD televisions. There is a process that has become increasingly common in the manufacture of these new electronic devices known as vapor deposition. In this fascinating process, an electronic beam is aimed at a high purity metal “target.” This target is shaped like a disk or a puck of raw material. The electronic beam doesn’t melt the target. Rather, it strips off molecules to create a vaporized atmosphere of whatever material the target is made of. That atmosphere gets deposited onto the substrate that needs to be coated.
We supply the raw materials for a manufacturer of these targets and the custom manufactured targets as well. As technology becomes more sophisticated, the requirements for each technological component become more exacting. High purity vapor deposition targets are no exception.
Everything is evolving, from electronics to the technology used to manufacture those electronics, we’re proud to meet each new challenge and continue to supply materials to some of the most advanced companies in the world.
- Custom Alloys – Creating Specialty Metals for Industry
- Beyond ISO9001:2008 – The Quality Culture of Atlantic Equipment Engineers
- As Good as Gold – Establishing Radio Opacity in Medical Devices with Tungsten
- Dry Lubricants – Keeping Modern Manufacturing Running Smoothly
- Bridging the Gap Between Mil Spec and Modern Requirements
- Controlling Variables in Research & Development
Tags: AEE, Atlantic Equipment Engineers, High Purity Metal Compounds, High Purity Metal Powders, High Purity Metal Targets, Metal Compounds, Metal Powders, Micron Metals, Powders, Vapor Deposition, Vapor Deposition Targets